8/26/10

Superhero Cape TADA!

This is the tutorial that started all of the sewing madness. Now that little man is a toddler I am anxious to make things for him that are unique and not store bought, because let's face it, that stuff is ridiculously overpriced!

When I came across the Toddler Superhero Cape, I couldn't resist. :) Isn't it so precious?

I got all of my supplies:

1 yard of red cotton fabric
1 yard of black cotton fabric
1 felt sheet of each black & red
2 felt sheets of yellow
velcro
Heat n Bond


and got to work. Not bad eh? Here is the little man himself modeling his newest toy



Batman Superman

Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone photos, I didn't think to use a regular camera.

I also made 3 more. One a wee bit shorter for an 18 mth old cousin, and two that would fit my 4 year old twin nephews as gifts. I made the necks wider and the length much longer for those two.

For my first sewing endeavor I think they turned out pretty good.





-Becky

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky! Just popping over from my blog! I saw you commented on the Stuffed Cressant bake and headed her to check your blog out and saw this post. I just did a similar No-Sew version that is going to be printed in a local parenting magazine. Thought you may want to peek.
    http://karascreativeplace.blogspot.com/2010/08/diy-supehero-costumes-superman.html
    Also there is an awesome company in our town that makes capes like yours, for kids staying in the hospital! They need super powers! I Love Wonder Capes! :)
    http://www.wondercapes.com/

    ReplyDelete