10/22/10

Tree Time

We finally got around to planting a tree in our backyard! It's been bare for quite sometime and we really needed the shade it will provide. We made the trek to both Lowe's and Home Depot looking for Root Stimulator, Soil Conditioner, buckets, shovels, tree food, and a bunch of other stuff I don't know the names to. I'll leave the gardening to my husband and his green thumb.

Who knew planting a tree required more than a hole, dirt and water? :)

The husband arranged his supplies and got to work while I entertained the Little Man. Our older kids weren't home and that tree was going to call it quits if we didn't get it in the ground so were on our own. I was itching to get my hands on a shovel, but I wasn't allowed to since I had on sandals.

How very convenient huh?

I can sew, green just ain't my thing.

Anyway, so I was untangling the darn water hose when I hear my husband calling out for me to turn around, but quiet enough for me to know Little Man was doing something I shouldn't miss OR interrupt!








Awww....my baby, he's so freaking smart. And STRONG! I love that he wanted to help and didn't give up even though it was heavy for him. We thought he deserved a dip in his kiddie pool as a reward* for being such a sweetheart for helping daddy.

Life is good. :)




*Yeah, about that. Mom here was having a panic attack at her kid holding that dirty, rusty, possibly very sharp shovel in his little baby hands that I bribed him with the pool to get him the heck out of there. Hello, my name is Paranoid. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment